The One-Year Anniversary
One year ago, Bizcolumnist.com opened its digital doors. The site started as a way to talk about general business news, but quickly changed when I realized that storytelling is better on a local level. Over the past year, it morphed into a beautiful blog full of news, events, and voices of the small business community.
As a blogger, I spend hundreds of hours delivering content to my readers. Blogging is a passion, a hobby, and a way for me to express creativity. As a former journalist, I know that big publications often churn out articles and videos that lack details. My blogs will always strive to be more. It’s a mix of storytelling and personal perspective.
I am incredibly grateful for my audience and this anniversary moment. Here are a few accomplishments over the last year:
- 51,000 pageviews
- 1,600 organic search clicks (in the last 3 months)
- 700 Instagram followers
- 194 Facebook followers
Although 50k pageviews mean almost nothing in the vast world of the internet, at least a couple of my words have helped others. Whether somebody needed a recommendation or a business needed publicity, I know I assisted in their endeavors.
For all the businesses and people I have met along the way–thank you. Your words of encouragement and guidance mean more than you know.
This year I want to achieve these goals:
- 100,000 pageviews.
- 1,000 Instagram followers. I hope by the end of Q1 it will surpass 1,000.
- 500 Facebook followers. Due to Facebook’s privacy settings, I don’t know the true number of followers. As of today, there are 194 public followers.
- 50 Newsletter subscribers (Oh, you can subscribe here)
- 20 Buymeacoffee supporters. Donations to support the blog help independent writers like me. The support offsets the costs of hosting, upgrading, and writing.
- Make more connections. Creating a blog focused on Southeast PA has brought out so many local supporters. I hope to meet many more along the way!
Again, thank you all for your continued support and for making the one-year anniversary a special one. Cheers to 2023!